2 December 2020
Datavant Hires Mark Karch as Chief Commercial Officer to Scale Open Data Ecosystem
San Francisco, California – December 2, 2020 — Datavant, the leader in helping healthcare organizations safely connect their data, today announced the appointment of Mark Karch as Chief Commercial Officer.
Throughout his career, Mr. Karch has held commercial leadership positions in both healthcare data and technology. He joins Datavant from IQVIA, where he led SaaS technology sales. Mr. Karch originally joined IQVIA through the acquisition of Appature, where he led the company’s commercial launch and served as EVP of Commercialization. Prior to that, he served as Executive Vice President of the pharmaceutical business at Allscripts.
“I am thrilled to join Datavant to further its mission to connect the world’s health data to improve patient care,” said Mr. Karch. “In three years, Datavant has assembled the world’s largest open healthcare data ecosystem powered by a robust technology platform. I was deeply impressed by the team’s rapid growth and commitment to its mission, and look forward to continuing to scale a world class sales and partnerships organization.”
“We are excited to welcome Mark to the Datavant team. As we continue to scale our ecosystem of partnerships, Mark’s deep leadership experience in health data, technology, and life sciences will allow our many customers and partners to more effortlessly navigate the fragmented health data landscape and unlock the power of connected health data for their organizations — and for the patients that we all serve,” said Travis May, Chief Executive Officer at Datavant.
Mr. Karch joining Datavant caps a year of rapid growth for the company and its open data ecosystem. In recent months, Datavant has:
- Raised a $40 million Series B to continue to expand the healthcare data ecosystem
- Powered a National Institutes of Health national COVID-19 data warehouse in partnership with Regenstrief
- Entered into an enterprise partnership with Janssen to enable a privacy-preserving linkable data infrastructure across the organization
- Announced partnerships with Blue Health Intelligence, Castor, Eversana, Komodo Health, Medable, Medidata, Parexel, Precision Digital Health, Prognos, Seqster, Symphony Health, Trialbee, TriNetX, and ZS to enable the seamless connection of real-world data across analytics and pharmaceutical companies, including incorporating clinical trial data and real-world data
- Launched a trial tokenization product to connect clinical trial data with real-world evidence
- Launched the COVID-19 Research Database in collaboration with more than thirty industry partners, the largest pro bono source of real-world data being used for academic and medical research related to COVID-19, in collaboration with more than thirty industry partners
- Acquired Highland Math and launched new product suite Connect Cloud